Monday, November 12, 2012

How To: Bless somebody without using your money


When I first entered the family of God (I sometimes don’t want to use the word church ‘cos it seems a bit too formal and intimidating) as a follower of Jesus (likewise I don’t like to call myself a Christian sometimes), I received a card from an elder at the church. The card simply welcomed me to the church and affirmed me that someone was praying for my new faith. 

I have never met the giver of the card (she attended the main service, while I only went for youth), but it made me feel happy and blessed that someone was looking out for me. 

That’s just one of the many instances I felt blessed by someone. Today, I hope you will do the same and bless somebody in your community.

One of the misconceptions of blessing is that you have to spend money to do it. Don’t forget - there are things more valuable than money that people would love to have from you. Your time. Your attention. Your genuine concern. Your prayers. These you can give, and you should give freely; if you want to positively impact the lives around you. 

It will take some effort on your part, but that’s what’s involved when you choose to invest in someone else’s life. Now, I want to hear from you: how do YOU bless people? How often do you do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment