Monday, January 14, 2013

#swim13

Dear reader,

Today, I conquered my fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the uninitiated. Fear of what lies beyond.

Today, I went to swim in a crowded swimming pool for 10 minutes. Achievement for this year? I think so.

I don't know if I'll ever go back to swim for a weekly workout. It's too crowded, and the trained swimmers going at it on the parallel side of the pool are very intimidating. Like a school of trained dolphins wearing snorkeling masks, they are in for the kill; slashing and pushing through wave after wave of water with strong strokes from stronger arms, creating wave after tidal wave throughout the pool.

Then you have me at the side of the pool, holding on to the stainless steel stairs for dear life, buoyed by the swimmer's tsunamis. LOLOLOL

Maaaan, I am not made to swim. At least not in a pool of 35 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment