Sunday, August 24, 2014

Visiting KL Bird Park


Last Saturday, Amanda & I went to Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. It was my second time there (my first time was 2-3 years ago with PL and JQ). It took us three hours to go through the 20 acres park, which was built in 1991.

While tourists are still visiting the park (up to 200,000 a year), the conditions have sadly deteriorated. Ponds are filled with algae or rivers stuck with leaves, and shrubbery and trees outgrow each other until they block a lot of views. The birds seemed fine though, and the park's pathways seem wheelchair friendly, so thumbs up to that!

I don't know what the RM25 entrance fee is going to, but they may want to pump more money into the up-keeping and maintenance. The weeds growing in every direction may be a naturalist approach to landscaping, but even a naturalist approach needs to be organised for a park of this stature.





This pelican is SO CUTE

One of the main features of the Bird Park is the man-made waterfall (30 feet tall). It's my favourite feature of the park because it's huge and takes up a lot of space. LOL. No lah, I just like the way this portion of the park is built - the walkway meanders down the waterfall to the lake. And we spotted a rainbow forming in the falls, so that was nice :D


I may visit this place again, but only if they revamp their offerings to keep up with the times. Singapore has spoilt me.


No comments:

Post a Comment